The gyratory crusher is a typical mining compression crusher, which is widely used in the coarse crushing of abrasive or high compressive strength rocks.
Gyratory crusher vs jaw crusher
Compared with the jaw crusher, its advantages are:
- The crushing process of the gyratory crusher is to rotate one circle along the annular crushing cavity, and it can work continuously at 360°, while the main shaft of the jaw crusher rotates only 135° once, so the production efficiency of the gyratory crusher is that of a jaw crusher. 2-3 times as high as the production efficiency.
- The gyratory crusher can work continuously in a full cavity without a feeding device. It can directly feed materials to the gyratory crusher by multiple vehicles, so the production capacity is large (1500-9000 t/h), the unit energy consumption is small, and the work is stable. The noise is small. The crushed stone has uniform particle size and relatively few flakes.
The disadvantages of the gyratory crusher are also obvious:
- The structure is relatively complicated, the weight is large, the equipment is difficult to manufacture, the delivery time is long, and the price is expensive.
- The structure of the gyratory crusher is the same as that of the single-cylinder hydraulic cone crusher. It is difficult to repair and maintain, and the repair cost and the cost of wear parts are high.
- The high fuselage of the gyratory crusher results in high infrastructure costs such as foundations and workshops. Generally, aerial cranes are required to facilitate maintenance.
Application of gyratory crusher
The equipment investment operator is a non-ferrous metal mining enterprise focusing on mining molybdenum ore.
In 2012, using a HGT6089 gyratory crusher, the raw material crushing efficiency can reach more than 3,300 t/h. If continuous full-cavity feeding is realized, the processing capacity of 6000-7000 t/h can be easily achieved. The HGT6089 gyratory crusher only runs for 15 hours a day, which can meet the daily demand of 50,000 tons of ore.
The main motor of the crusher of HGT6089 gyratory crusher is 10KV, 630KW, and its rated current is 59A, but the current in actual operation is much lower than the rated current, which is only 32-40A during operation.