The quarry vibrating screen is mainly used to screen gravel, and the quality of the screen mesh determines the material screening efficiency. Therefore, quarry investors or equipment purchasers will ask the manufacturer for information about vibrating screen media types when choosing a vibrating screen.
The physical properties of the material (type, size, weight, abrasiveness) and the type of vibrating screen (single, double or triple deck) will determine which type of screen media to choose.
This post will delve into common vibrating screen media types.
Vibrating screen Mesh Types/ Materials
- Rubber screen mesh
- Polyurethane screen mesh
- Woven wire screen mesh
- Perforated screen mesh
Rubber Screen Mesh
Rayco designs and manufactures a complete set of high quality and cost-effective rubber screens. They are used to treat the roughest and most abrasive products, such as gravel, coal, slag, etc. Rubber material is soft and powerful, can absorb shock and have long service life, which not only can reduce the downtime, but also makes installation easier and faster. If noise reduction is required, rubber screens are good choices.
Rayco rubber sieve can be divided into two kinds: tension and modular. The tension type can be installed as a circular vibrating screen and replace the original metal screen or polyurethane screen. The modular type can be installed in many ways, which can better save operating costs.
Our rubber screens are made from highly wear-resistant materials. These screens have square, round or slender holes, able to satisfy classification requirements of all kinds of materials.
Advantages Of Rubber Screen
- Service life is longer than that of metal screens.
- Decibels can be reduced by up to 75% compared with traditional stainless steel screens and perforated screens.
- No corrosion under wet conditions.
- Increased aggregates output.
Specifications Of Rubber Screen
- Aperture: 3-120 mm
- Spacing:1.5-50 mm (Please note that the minimum aperture should always be greater than the thickness of the rubber.)
- Thickness: 2-58 mm
- Size: 3 m x 1.5 m (other smaller sizes are available)
Polyurethane Screen Mesh
The polyurethane screen is made of polyurethane and embedded in a steel frame. It has a specially designed fastening hook to clamp the mesh to the separator. Polyurethane screen has excellent performance in mining crushing and aggregate screening industry. Different sizes and types of mesh hole ensure high screening efficiency and smooth surfaces. Polyurethane materials make mesh noise much lower than braided vibrating mesh or perforated mesh.
Our polyurethane screens can effectively screen materials for many industrial applications, such as dehydration, mining, sand, stone, gravel, etc. Polyurethane is ideal for high wear areas in both wet and dry processing applications.
Advantages Of Polyurethane Screen
- Lighter, thinner and more flexible than rubber screens
- To eliminate the noise
- To increase aggregate yield
Specifications of polyurethane screen
- Material: polyurethane and steel frame
- Thickness: 25-60 mm
- Hole type: square, rectangle, circle and other types
- Hole size: 2.5-130 mm
- Hook type: metal or polyurethane
- Hook direction: horizontal or vertical
Woven Wire Screen Mesh
THe high-strength woven wire screen is made of best steel wire like manganese steel wire, galvanized steel wire and stainless steel wire. The mesh hole can be square, rectangular, or long–slotted. With a variety of woven types, it can be suitable for different screens and materials.
Advantages Of Woven Wire Screen Mesh
- Less expensive than other types of vibrating screen media.
- Offers the highest percent open area-means more material has a chance to pass through the screen.
Specifications Of Wire Screen
- High-strength woven mesh hole: 1.6 – 150 mm
- Thickness of braided wire: 1.2 – 13 mm
- Grid type: Square, rectangular slotted and slender
- Compression type: Flat top, double compression, locking compression, corrugated compression
Perforated Screen Mesh
The perforated screen is made of a metal plate with high compressive strength after punching. Compared with woven vibrating screen, porous vibrating screen has a smooth surface, which can ensure higher screening and separation efficiency.
Advantages Of Perforated Screen Mesh
- Long service life (compared to other options), ideal for high impact applications
- Easy to install
Perforated screens can be installed on almost all types of vibrating screens and drum screens. Used for screening and separating various materials, such as coal, stone, gravel, sand, etc.
Perforated screen mesh specifications
- Material: Common materials for metal plates are low-carbon steel, manganese steel or stainless steel.
- Wire diameter: 0.71 mm – 14 mm.
- Opening size: 1 mm – 110 mm.
- Weaving type: Double crimped, intermediate crimped, flat top crimped and lock crimped.
- Mesh type: Square, rectangular slot, long slot.
- Surface treatment: Black or red color painted.
- Hook type: C or U hook for 30° – 180°.
Establishing relationships with equipment dealers, suppliers or manufacturer representatives can greatly help you choose the right screen media type.