The hopper is the most common and important part of the stone crushing plant. It has the function of storage and buffering. With the hopper, the equipment can convey and store materials continuously, uniformly and smoothly. Generally, there are multiple types of hoppers in the crushed stone production line. This article introduces the commonly used raw material hoppers, transfer hoppers, buffer hoppers and product hoppers in the stone crushing plant.
Raw material hopper (Unloading hopper)
The raw material hopper has a square cone shape and is closed on all sides. It can be welded by steel plates and is generally installed in front of the feeder.
Raw material hoppers usually have 2 installation forms:
The raw material hopper is usually located above the ground and uses the high drop to provide the raw material with gravitational potential energy, which is used to feed the vibrating feeder.
Another type of raw material hopper is installed in the pit, and the raw materials poured into the pit are transported to the production workshop by a conveyor belt. This type of investment is small and the construction is convenient, but if there are too large or too sharp stones, the belt may be damaged, which will affect the entire production schedule.
(1) The capacity of the hopper should be comprehensively considered according to the specifications of the crusher, the type of ore transported, and the loading capacity. Its effective volume should not be less than the output of the crusher for 15-20 minutes of continuous operation.
(2) The hopper is filled with rails, and the rail spacing is generally 200 mm.
(3) A car stop is set on the feed side of the hopper. The height and width of the car stop should be such that all the ore can fall into the feeding silo and the safety of unloading can be ensured. The height is generally 500 mm.
(4) Steel plates shall be laid on the top and inner and outer sides of the car block to prevent the mine car from damaging it.
(5) The opening shape of the front wall of the hopper is conventionally rectangular, or trapezoidal.
The transfer hopper is mainly used for material transfer. It is made of steel structure or reinforced concrete. It is located behind the crushing module. Generally, in order to store the jaw crusher’s output, it will enter the middle crushing link after transfer. The volume of the hopper should generally be able to stack aggregates for the crushing equipment to operate for 2 to 3 hours.
The buffer hopper mainly serves as a buffer and is usually installed in front of the cone crusher. Since the logistics before the crushing equipment is an intermittent logistics, in order to maximize the crushing efficiency of the cone crusher, protect the rolling mortar wall, and play the role of the cone crusher for laminated crushing, a buffer silo is usually set in front of the cone crusher.
The style of the product silo is mostly a rectangular factory building, which is divided into different finished product storage areas by high concrete partition walls (some companies also use steel plates to store sand and gravel materials, and the wear of the steel silo needs to be regularly checked and treated for wear resistance). The hardening space of the product silo for loading should be enlarged as much as possible to facilitate the loading operation and at the same time leave enough buffer area for the stacking area.