Cone crusher is the most common secondary and tertiary crushing equipment. It has high production efficiency and uniform product size. However, in harsh environments, cone crushers will also encounter various problems when working. This article shares common faults and solutions of cone crushers.
1. The temperature of the lubricating oil is too high
If the oil temperature of the lubricating oil of the cone crusher is high, the lubrication effect will be reduced, and the machine will not operate normally.
- Poor circulation of lubricating oil caused by blockage of oil return pipe and low oil return.
- Excessive impurities in the oil reduce the quality of the lubricating oil and cause abrasion inside the crusher, which will cause the crusher to overheat and the lubricating oil return temperature is too high.
- The eccentric bush has poor contact with the main shaft, and there is a crack on the top of the eccentric bush.
- The eccentric shaft is in poor contact with the copper bush of the frame, including: There is foreign matter in the eccentric shaft positioning hole of the cone crusher. The lower end of the eccentric shaft does not match the size of the location on the upper surface of the thrust bearing. The upper thrust bearing of the cone crusher is worn out on one side and contacts the eccentric copper bush during operation, causing the eccentric copper bush to wear and heat.
- The oil sump of the cone crusher jams the lower thrust plate of the thrust bearing, which makes the lower thrust plate incline, and causes the eccentric shaft to run inclined, and the eccentric shaft and the shaft bush are in poor contact and cause heat.
- Check whether the return pipe is unblocked, and find the cause of the blockage of the return pipe, and unblock the return pipe.
- Clean the oil tank first, and then replace the lubricating oil.
- Find the reason for the poor contact between the two, grind the contact surface of the copper sleeve, and drill the crack at the end of the crack to avoid crack propagation.
- Clean up the foreign matter in the positioning hole of the eccentric shaft, and process the lower end surface of the eccentric shaft and the thrust bearing to ensure accurate installation dimensions.
- Replace the oil pan and thrust plate.
2. Oil temperature and oil pressure rise.
The oil pressure in the thin oil lubrication system of the cone crusher increases and the oil return temperature also rises accordingly.
- The oil pipe or the oil groove in the crusher parts is blocked, and the safety valve fails.
- Stop inspection and repair.
3. Low oil pressure after the oil pump is started
- Low lubricating oil temperature.
- The oil pipe is blocked or the oil pump is not working properly.
- The original oil pump capacity is obviously insufficient.
- Heating to increase lubricating oil temperature.
- Repair pipeline or oil pump.
- Replace with new oil pump.
4. The oil contains a lot of fine mud and impurities.
- The sealing and dustproof device fails
- The water pipe is blocked or leaked causing water shortage.
- Shut down and re-seal
- Clean, overhaul, and replace with new oil.
5. Water in the lubricating oil
- Water enters the thin oil station.
- The cooler is leaking, and the water pressure is greater than the oil pressure.
- Small cones break too much water supply or the return pipe is blocked.
- Cover the thin oil station, clean the oil tank, and change the oil.
- Check the leaking parts or replace the cooler, reduce the water pressure, clean the oil tank and change the oil.
- Adjust the water supply or clean the return pipe, clean the oil tank, and replace with new oil.
6. Strong vibration of cone crusher
- The device base fixture may be loose.
- There are hard-to-crush materials in the crushing cavity of the cone crusher.
- Too much material in the crushing cavity causes blockage.
- The liner is broken or worn.
- Poor lubrication causes the spindle to be wrapped tightly by the bushing.
- Tighten the bolts and pour and fix them.
- It is strictly prohibited to enter the non-broken materials.
- The grid controls the feed volume.
- Machine check accessories.
- Check and repair the oil pump and pipeline.
7. The movable cone rotates quickly
- There is oil shortage or dust in the oil between the main shaft and the bushing.
- The clearance of the tapered bush is insufficient.
- The cone sinks due to wear or manufacturing of the bowl-shaped bearing bush.
- Overhaul or replace the bushing and spindle to find out the cause of the lack of oil.
- Adjust the bushing clearance.
- Re-grind and meet the requirements.
8. The movable cone speed increases suddenly
- The moving cone sinks or the ball bearing is damaged.
- The upward movement of the tapered bushing results in insufficient clearance with the spindle.
- The taper sleeve has fewer contact points with the spindle.
- The cone sleeve cracks during operation, and the contact surface with the spindle becomes smaller.
Adjust the gap between the spindle and the taper sleeve.
9. Uneven rotation of drive shaft
- Gears are severely worn or damaged.
- Main shaft damage.
- Stop the machine to replace the gears and make the meshing clearance meet the requirements.
- Replace the spindle.
10. The device makes a knocking sound during operation or idling
- Loose liner
- Concave or Mantle liner is rough to produce impact.
- Stop the machine to check the tightening of the screws and the loss of the zinc layer.
- Replace the liner
11. The coupling rotates while the crusher does not move.
- The coupling or gear key of the drive unit is broken.
- Main shaft is broken.
- Disassemble the machine to check and replace.
12. The drive shaft rotates unevenly and produces a strong knocking sound.
- The gear installation is unqualified, the meshing is poor, the clearance is too large, the axial clearance of the transmission shaft is too large, or the gear is damaged.
- Correct the meshing gap or replace the gear.
13. Support ring bounce
- Metal or other hard objects that cannot be crushed fall into the crushing cavity.
- Install the iron remover on the conveyor belt.
14. The granularity of finished materials increases.
- Cone crusher liner is severely worn
- Change CSS.
- Replace the cone crusher liner.